Shift Security Supervisor
Location: Panki (Kanpur)
- Lead and supervise a team of on duty Security Officers. Setting and ensuring appropriate standards of performance, conduct and behaviour, motivating and encouraging them, as well as setting strong moral and ethical standards.
- Manage the day-to-day security operational deployment, ensuring that the team is deployed appropriately to provide the most effective site security, whilst ensuring the highest standards of customer care and professionalism.
- Work with Site Security Lead to develop, train and implement local level SOP’s that align and deliver the requirements set out in the Group Security Standards.
- Ensure daily and weekly L1 assurance plan is delivered.
- Ensure security failures are reported in accordance with the incident classification table in the Group Security Standards.
- Ensure all officers are aware of, and adhere to all procedures covering security, health & safety, environmental, quality and training.
- Drive full conformance to Group Security Policy and associated standards, including internal security audit programmes.
- Ensure all protective security systems (physical, technical, procedural, and personal) are being operated effectively, and that they are fully operational. Also checking that the reporting and dealing with all faults is being done in line with the laid down procedures.
- To manage the on-site security team during incidents to provide full support to the emergency services and on-site incident control. During the incident, ensure that the security of the site is maintained, and that the security team are deployed effectively.
- Carry out briefings and refresher training with officers as necessary and provide security induction to new employees and contractors where required.
- Ensure all officers are dressed appropriately and to required standard.
- Ensure that standard procedures for all security & emergency-related issues for the site are followed.
- Respond to alarms and security related problems that come to the attention of the Supervisor, as violations of security and EHS procedures to serious emergencies.
- Oversee the daily operational running of the Security Officer deployment and ensure security posts are effectively manned.
- Conduct investigations into reported risks or incidents and provide summary reports for security management review.
- Ensure a stringent contractor control mechanism is maintained to prevent unauthorised access to site.
- Provide visitor and new employee security inductions.
- Facilitate creation of individual card access to site for staff and visitors.
- Champion compliance to internal security audit (Level 1 Assurance) routines and reporting.
- First line performance management of Security Officer deployment.
- Monitor equipment operational status and ensure all failures are reported and remedied in a timely manner.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained in accordance with Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Coordinate with employees and suppliers regarding special projects and specific assignments such as access to site.
- Training coordination and motivating the security officers and to inculcate the values of Securitas and JM acceptable standards of behaviour.
- Identify and investigate security incidents and issues at site.
- Provide support for ‘special event’ security operations.
- Maintain harmonious working relationship.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Coaching and growing team members, providing support, guidance and expertise to department members, both direct reports and indirect team members.
- Ability to work in shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to ensure that tasks are completed in line with precise deadlines and as per the guidance.
- Ability to support direct reports and other colleagues.
- Dealing with people from operational staff to senior management.
- Ability to take local-level decisions without exceeding the remit of the position.
- Able to work on initiative with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritise work and delegate tasks to team members.